While federal laws govern bankruptcy, each state has further regulations that dictate bankruptcy filings.
The state of Georgia allows a debtor to keep some of their assets despite liquidation.
Debtors are still entitled to:
- Veteran’s benefits
- Payments from retirement accounts
- Social security benefits
- Unemployment compensation
- Public Assistance
- Disability or illness benefits
- Pension and annuity payments
- Interest in any funds or property
- Life insurance payments
- Wrongful death payments